Friday, December 14, 2012

Twelve Codes of Christmas: On the Third Day of the Coder's Christmas (F31.9)


Do you live next door to Clark Griswold? 

I love Christmas lights.  And I love Christmas decorations in general.  I do decorate my house to the extent where you can find something Christmasy in every room of the house.  Yes, every room.  I have a birthday around Christmas, so that combined with my love of holiday decor has led to my mom nicknaming me her Christmas kid.

But there comes a time when enough is enough.  Less is more. 

Last year I had a new neighbor and when they started hanging Christmas lights outside, I got a little excited.  I love it when all the neighbors get into the action and brighten up the neighborhood!  But there was a point when it reached Clark Griswold proportions and it just become too much.

So on the third day of the coder's Christmas, today'd carol choice is for all those with Clark Griswold tendencies:
  • "Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Buses and Trucks and Trees and Fire Hydrants and..." (F31.9, Bipolar disorder, unspecified)
Please note that this code includes bipolar disorder with a current manic episode, which would explain the incessant need to decorate it all.  And I suppose I could be accused of some of this, even though I've significantly reduced my decorating footprint over the last couple of years.  Nonetheless, you are sure to find a reindeer or snowflake in at least one of my bathrooms!